|"Gerbera Daisies", Oil on Panel, 16"x 12"|
Happy New Year!! I have been very busy with the holidays and my daughter moving into a new apartment. So I had very little time to blog. I did find some time to paint though!
This particular one was a struggle, but I am very pleased with the outcome. Since the light on the petals was coming from behind some of the flowers, I finally figured out that I should paint the light in the petals first and then the dark over them, (instead of painting from dark to light). It made all the difference! Sometimes you have to break the rules.
The tablecloth was just a quick underpainting that I intended to go back and paint properly. But everyone who saw the work in progress commented on how much they loved my tablecloth. So I left it alone.
Sometimes less is more.
This is for sale on my website.